Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Canning Adventures

Today was unusually cool for July in South Carolina.  So cool in fact that we cut off the air and opened the windows.  I really enjoy airing out the house whenever possible and this was the perfect day for that!

A few weeks ago I decided it would be nice to start hanging some of our laundry out to dry for that fresh air dried scent (and to save a little dryer time).  We searched store after store looking for one of those round folding clotheslines to no avail.  Finally, we found one of Ebay.  It arrived this week and it is so nice to see the laundry blowing the breeze and smell the fresh scent.

I also did some canning today.  I gained a little experience with canning last fall when I made apple sauce and apple butter.  With all the fresh fruits available right now I decided to do a little more.  Today I canned sliced peaches, peach preserves, blackberry jam, and blueberry jelly.  All night tonight, Rob and I get to listen to the reassuring "pop" which indicates success!




No comments:

Post a Comment